Welcome to Northwoods Saves
Throughout the Northwoods, people just like you are proving that you don’t have to be rich to build wealth. Northwoods Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial futures. Our staff can show you how to develop a savings strategy and put you on the right path to building wealth! So what are you waiting for? Enroll in Northwood Saves today, and start making your dreams a reality.
Be a Northwoods Saver!
Northwoods Saves was launched in May of 2002, the first rural model of America Saves, the national program... Oneida County is our fiscal administrator.
Who We Are
Northwoods Saves is a non-profit with no agenda except to get people to plan their financial future. Northwoods Saves operates under the auspices of the Oneida County UW Extension serving residents and businesses of the Northwoods.
What We Do
Northwoods Saves offers free counseling sessions to individuals and families in need of tools to help them become educated about saving.
Northwoods Saves, a service of University of Wisconsin Extension
Governing Board Members
Lara Barbour, Ministry Health Care
Deb Blackstone, Family Resource Connection
Michael Boyd, Boyd Financial Services LLC
Jeremy McCone, Coldwell Banker Mulleady Realtors
Sara Richie, University of Wisconsin Extension - Oneida County
Bryan Seidl, Seidl Law Offices
Benefits to Enrolling
- A resource list of banks and credit unions offering no-fee, no minimum savings accounts or minimum balance savings accounts to Northwoods Savers.
- Confidential assistance from debt counselors or housing counselors.
- Quarterly America Saves newsletter
- Membership in a network of individuals who are interested in building wealth and reducing debt.
Just 8 minutes a week!
Two ways to keep learning how to put your money to work for You!
1. Listen for ways to save on Coyote 93.7 FM broadcasting Wednesdays at 9:15am.
2. Check our facebook page for money-saving tips.